One of us (Omega) is an expert, champion baker. The other (Me, of course), is what I’d like to think of as an Intermediate, Future Baking Whiz! In Layman’s terms, I’m learning lol. So in the meantime, we came up with a quick, easy way for the novice to create adult cupcakes that will wow your guests at the next get-together!
Here’s what we used:
- Follow directions for cupcakes. Add in 2 tsp of instant coffee granules. Bake. Let cool for about 20 mins.
- In the meantime, follow directions for icing. Substitute water with alcohol.
- Add as much or as little as you like. Remember, the more you add, the thinner it will get. To solve this problem, beat in cream cheese little by little to desired texture.
- Scoop icing into the bag provided or use your own trusty pastry bags. Lay aside.
- Cut or scoop out a hole through the top of the cupcake. You can either save the pieces to replace or you can toss them. (We saved ours.)
- Fill cupcakes with icing.
- Replace the tops. If not, go ahead and finish icing cupcakes with the same frosting or another frosting of your choice.
- For added effect, garnish with sprinkles, chocolate shaving, edible glitter or whatever you’d like!